Sign on will be open from 7.15am, upon arrival please bring your current MNZ competition licence, club membership card and helmet to sign on. After sign on take your motorcycle for machine examination / machine examination from 7.30am to 9.00am.
NZCMRR Rules can be viewed on the NZCMRR website http://www.nzcmrr.com/events/rules. Pre '82 and Pre '89 race classes are as defined in the MNZ Rulebook Chapter 17 - Road Racing Post Classic.
Classes are as follows, but not necessarily in this order:
- Vintage & Pre War - Pre '31, Pre '46 350, Pre '46 500
- 0-250cc - Pre '63 250 Clubmans, Pre '63 250 Modified, Classic 70's 250
- 251-350cc - Pre '63 350 Clubmans, Pre '63 350 Factory Racing, Pre '63 350 Modified, Classic 70's 350 and 0-250cc - Pre '63 250 Factory Racing
- 351-500cc - Pre '63 500 Clubmans, Pre '63 500 Factory Racing, Pre '63 500 Modified, Classic 70's 500
- 501cc-Open - Pre '63 Open Modified, Classic 70's Open
- Sidecars - Pre '63, Pre '76
- Post Classic - Pre '82 Senior, Pre '89 F1
- Post Classic - Pre '82 Junior, Pre '89 F2, Pre '89 F3
- Track Parade
Note: Some classes may be combined into a single event depending on entry numbers in each class. Track parade will be held if sufficient numbers.
Programme of events
Saturday 3rd February 2018.
- Sign on and machine examination.
- 1 round of practice / qualifying.
- Lunchtime demonstrations.
- 2 rounds of racing.
- BBQ and 2017 Championship prize giving
Sunday 4th February 2018.
- Graded scratch races.
- Lunchtime demonstrations.
- 2 rounds of racing including Trophy Races.
- Allcomers invitation races.
Pukekohe Park Raceway is organising a separate Motorcycle Track Day on the Friday 2nd February. Competitors wishing to participate can contact Pukekohe Park Raceway directly for availablity and pricing.
The meeting is organised by the New Zealand Classic Motorcycle Racing Register Inc. under Motorcycling New Zealand Permit no #17090.
The meeting will be conducted under the Manual of Motorcycle Sport of MNZ, the Technical Rules pertaining to the Classic Register and these supplementary Regulations.
Entry fees are $250.00 for Seniors of MNZ Affiliated Clubs, discounted to $225 for current NZCMRR members, & under 18s free. Entries received after Friday 15th December 2017 at 5:00pm will not be included in the printed programme. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Race Secretary, but may incur a late entry fee.
MNZ competition licence compulsory. No competition licence - no ride.
Membership of an MNZ affiliated club is compulsory. No proof - no ride. NZCMRR membership must be purchased at the event if no physical proof of membership to a MNZ affiliated club is presented.
International competitors wishing to compete in an NZCMRR event must notify the race secretary of their intent to race at least one month before the meeting date so a MNZ permit which allows for international competitors can be issued for the event. International competitors must obtain a Start Permission and FIM International Licence (if applicable) from their motorcycle Federation and have this sent to MNZ prior to the event being held. If an overseas competitor does not have a licence with their motorcycle Federation please contact the race secretary. International competitors must have Insurance which meets the minimum FIM Standards.
In the event of duplicate race numbers then the NZCMRR competitor has the exclusive right of use of that number.
Sign-on and machine examination is from 7:15am until 8.30am cut-off. Riders briefing at 8:30 am and practice starts at 9.00am.
REGULARITY PARADE – Maximum field of 40 bikes on the grid.
The parade is to allow non-racing members, or members with a parade bike the opportunity of up to 4 sessions on the race track. Entrants can ride either a racing machine which could be loaned for the event by a race entrant, or a suitable road machine. All machines in the parade must be presented for safety inspection, though they need not be fully race prepared. The NZCMRR Race Secretary reserves the right to accept or reject any rider or machine from this event as it sees fit. A minimum of one clearly legible number plate facing forward in the headlamp area is required. The number will be allocated with the parade acceptance form. Leather clothing, back protector, and an approved crash helmet must be worn for safety reasons. Remember that these events are not races and unsuitable riding will result in exclusion. There is no prize for being the fastest, only for having the most consistent lap times. These events will suit any club member who is not competing in race events, or a racer wishing to ride a machine that he has not entered into the races. The parades are run under the general MNZ rules and require a competition licence. Facility to obtain a one event licence is detailed on the payment summary form. Please note that this event is open to solo machines only.
ENTERING & EXITING, PIT LANE
Competitors shall only exit the pits to the circuit under the control of the Pit lane official and via the pit lane exit only. Competitors found to be riding the wrong way up or down Pit Lane may be fined or excluded from the meeting. Entry to the Pit Lane is on the RH side of the straight immediately after the back straight hairpin; Competitors must move to the far right of the circuit and reduce speed and signal their intentions to leave the track without impeding other competitors in the process. Once committed to entering Pit lane and a competitor has crossed to the inside of the entry blend lines that competitor MUST enter Pit Lane.
Circuit noise regulations as provided for under Rule 10-6d. All machines are to be effectively silenced so as not to exceed 95dB(A) "ride by" measured by the official meter mounted 30m from the track centre line. Machines registering consistently in excess of the limit will be brought to the attention of the officials for action to be taken as follows: Exceeding 95 but not exceeding 98dB(A): On the first offence during the meeting the rider will be warned that this has occurred and instructed to rectify the situation. For second and subsequent infringements the machine will be black flagged from the race or practice without further warning. Exceeding 98dB(A): The machine will be black flagged from the race or practice without warning. If circumstances don’t allow the machine to be black flagged, the competitor may be excluded from the results of that practice or race. During the course of the event the club will endeavour to post lists of machines and their noise readings to assist competitors efforts in complying with these limits.
Prior to the meeting, any entrant will be given a refund on his/her entry fee if for any reason attendance over the weekend is not possible. Notification is required in writing/email to the Race Secretary by 5:00pm the Wednesday prior to the event.
No dogs or pets are allowed at the meeting. No Exceptions.
Free camping is available for competitors on Friday and Saturday nights. Hot showers are available. Campsites and campervan sites do not have power available.
RIDER DISCRETION & RESTRAINT AT PUKEKOHE AND CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS
Rider discretion and restraint will be required to ensure riders safety at this event especially over the RH corner leading on to the front straight.
If you are of the “go Hard or Go Home” school of riding then this event is not for you.
Any rider judged to be over-aggressive and not within the spirit of this event will be Black-Flagged and may be excluded from the meeting.
If at any stage during the running of the event there is concern for the safely of the riders the competition side of the meeting may be shut down and it would then become a parade only.
In order to reduce individual risk, and to decrease the pressure to perform beyond the capabilities of both the rider and the Pukekohe Raceway itself, any participating rider can choose to exclude this event from the NZCMRR Points Championship. The 2018 NZCMRR Championship will be run as a 5 event program thereby giving all riders the opportunity to accrue points from a maximum of 4 of the 5 series events.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY - 39th Annual NZCMRR Classic Racing Festival (Saturday 3 - Sunday 4 February 2018)
To NZCMRR Motorcycle Club, Pukekohe Park Raceway and Motorcycling New Zealand Inc.
- I have read the Supplementary Regulations for this Competition and agree to be bound by them and the Manual of Motorcycle Sport, the MNZ Constitution, and the MNZ Code of Conduct. Supplementary Regulations also available at www.nzcmrr.com
- I am aware that the sport of Motorcycle Competition might a) cause me injury; serious or otherwise b) damage my property.
- I wish to take part in the event despite the above risks.
- Neither I, or anyone associated or connected with me will make any claim against you or your officers, employees or agents in respect of: a) any injury suffered by me; or b) any damage to any of my property regardless of how the injury or damage occurs.
- I will indemnify you against all claims, damages or losses (including costs) which you incur as the direct or indirect result of any injury to me or damage to my property.
- I am physically fit and there is no health or other reason why I should not participate in the sport of Motorcycle Competition.
- I am aware that this disclaimer will not affect any legal obligations you have to me which you cannot contract out of under NZ Law.
- I agree that in this disclaimer “my property” includes any property owned by me or in my possession or under my control.
- I agree that this disclaimer will be binding on my family, my heirs, my legal assigns and my administrators and executors.
- I accept that stripping and re-assembly for Technical Checks are at my cost.
- I consent to the details contained in this form being held by the NZCMRR Motorcycle Club for the purpose of the promotion and the benefit of the race meeting concerned, and Motorcycling in general. I acknowledge my right to access and correction of this information. The consent is given in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
- MNZ supports the FIM/IOC Charter on drugs in Sport. MNZ uses the services of Drug Free Sport NZ and other agencies to professionally carry out the testing. I acknowledge by signing this form I maybe subjected to a drug/alcohol test at any time. I agree to such testing. I further agree that my name can be published by MNZ as having taken part in a drug/alcohol test together with the results of that testing.
- I confirm that my machine complies with any technical rule(s) set out in the Manual of Motorcycle Sport and/or the Supplementary Regulations and that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is in safe working order and fit for competition.
Classic Festival Special Limited Edition T-Shirts
Postal or Email Entries
Complete the entry form and then either:Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send by post to: Race Secretary
PO Box 11 301
NZ CLASSIC MOTORCYCLE RACING REGISTER INC
39th Annual NZCMRR Classic Racing Festival
|MNZ Licence Number:||..............................................................|
|MNZ Affiliated club:||..............................................................|