Sign on will be open from 7.15am, upon arrival please bring yourcurrent MNZ competition licence, club membership card, helmet, chest and back protector to sign on. After sign on take your motorcycle for machine examination / machine examination from 7.30am. Riders briefing will commence at 8.30am and competitors will be out on track at 9:00am.
NZCMRR Rules can be viewed on the NZCMRR website http://www.nzcmrr.com/events/rules. Pre '82, Pre '89 and Pre '95 race classes are as defined in the MNZ Rulebook Chapter 17 - Road Racing Post Classic.
Classes are as follows, but not necessarily in this order:
- 351-500cc - Pre '63 500 Clubmans, Pre '63 500 Factory Racing, Pre '63 500 Modified, Classic 70's 500
- Vintage & Pre War - Pre '31, Pre '46 350, Pre '46 500, 0-250cc - Pre '63 250 Clubmans, Pre '63 250 Factory, Pre '63 250 Modified, Classic 70's 250
- Post Classic - Pre '82 Senior, Pre '89 F1, Pre '95 Superbike, Pre '95 F1
- Sidecars - Pre '63, Classic '70s, Pre '82
- 251-350cc - Pre '63 350 Clubmans, Pre '63 350 Factory Racing, Pre '63 350 Modified, Classic 70's 350
- 501cc-Open - Pre '63 Open Modified, Classic 70's Open
- Post Classic - Pre '82 Junior, Pre '89 F2, Pre '89 F3, Pre '95 F2, Pre '95 F3
Note: Some classes may be combined into a single event depending on entry numbers in each class. Regularity will not be held due to the limited time available for a single day event.
Programme of events
MNZ have confirmed that NZSBK riders are allowed to compete at this event using their classic and post classic bikes, without any penalty, as long as that bike is not going to be raced at MotoFest 2021 in any of the NZSBK classes.
Gates open 7am.
For Pit Garage Hire contact the track directly: Samantha Finnie- Mobile 0275491213 or email your booking, email@example.com
A reminder that no vehicles can be left in the designated area directly behind the pit garages during the event.
Sunday 28nd February 2021 - National Circuit
- Sign on and machine examination.
- 1 round of practice.
- 3 rounds of racing for Championship points - all classes. Points will be multiplied to equate to our normal 4 rounds of points racing.
The meeting is organised by the New Zealand Classic Motorcycle Racing Register Inc. under Motorcycling New Zealand Permit no #19325 (to be confirmed)
The meeting will be conducted under the Manual of Motorcycle Sport of MNZ, the Technical Rules pertaining to the Classic Register and these supplementary Regulations.
Entry fees are $180.00 for Seniors of MNZ Affiliated Clubs, discounted to $162 for current NZCMRR members, & under 18s free. Entries close Friday 20th February 2021 at 5:00pm. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Race Secretary, but may incur a late entry fee.
MNZ competition licence compulsory. No competition licence - no ride.
Membership of an MNZ affiliated club is compulsory. No proof - no ride. NZCMRR membership must be purchased at the event if no physical proof of membership to a MNZ affiliated club is presented.
International competitors wishing to compete in an NZCMRR event must notify the race secretary of their intent to race at least one month before the meeting date so a MNZ permit which allows for international competitors can be issued for the event. International competitors must obtain a Start Permission and FIM International Licence (if applicable) from their motorcycle Federation and have this sent to MNZ prior to the event being held. If an overseas competitor does not have a licence with their motorcycle Federation please contact the race secretary. International competitors must have Insurance which meets the minimum FIM Standards.
In the event of duplicate race numbers then the NZCMRR competitor has the exclusive right of use of that number.
Sign-on and machine examination is from 7:15am until 8.30am cut-off. Riders briefing at 8:30 am and practice / qualifying starts at 9.00am.
REGULARITY PARADE – Maximum field of 40 bikes on the grid.
This event is open to solo machines only and will suit any club member who is not competing in race events, or a racer wishing to ride a machine that he has not entered into the races. The NZCMRR Race Secretary reserves the right to accept or reject any rider or machine from this event sees they see fit. Regularity/Track Parade participants will not be given an individual race event but will be placed at the rear of the grids of either their appropriate cc class, or a lower class, dependent upon their practice/qualifying times, and will not be eligible for championship points. Regularity allows non-racing members the opportunity of 1 practice and 4 sessions on the race track. Entrants can ride either a racing machine which could be loaned for the event or a suitable road machine. The event is run under the general MNZ rules and require a competition licence and club membership. All machines in the event must be presented for safety inspection, though they need not be fully race prepared. A clearly legible number plate facing forward in the headlamp area and one to each side is required, the number will be confirmed prior to the event. Leather clothing, chest and back protectors and an approved helmet must be worn for safety reasons. Remember that these events are not races and unsuitable riding will result in exclusion.
ENTERING & EXITING, PIT LANE - HAMPTON DOWNS
Competitors shall only exit the pits to the circuit under the control of the Pit lane official and via the pit lane exit only. Competitors found to be riding the wrong way up or down Pit Lane may be fined or excluded from the meeting. Entry to the Pit Lane is on the RH side at the beginning of the main straight immediately after the exiting the sweeper; Competitors must move to the far right of the circuit and reduce speed and signal their intentions to leave the track without impeding other competitors in the process. Once committed to entering Pit lane and a competitor has crossed to the inside of the entry blend lines that competitor MUST enter Pit Lane.
Circuit noise regulations as provided for under Rule 10-6d. All machines are to be effectively silenced so as not to exceed 95dB(A) "ride by" measured by the official meter mounted 30m from the track centre line. Machines registering consistently in excess of the limit will be brought to the attention of the officials for action to be taken as follows: Exceeding 95 but not exceeding 98dB(A): On the first offence during the meeting the rider will be warned that this has occurred and instructed to rectify the situation. For second and subsequent infringements the machine will be black flagged from the race or practice without further warning. Exceeding 98dB(A): The machine will be black flagged from the race or practice without warning. If circumstances don’t allow the machine to be black flagged, the competitor may be excluded from the results of that practice or race. During the course of the event the club will endeavour to post lists of machines and their noise readings to assist competitors efforts in complying with these limits.
Prior to the meeting, any entrant will be given a refund on his/her entry fee if for any reason attendance over the weekend is not possible. Notification is required in writing/email to the Race Secretary by 5:00pm the Wednesday prior to the event.
No dogs or pets are allowed at the meeting. No Exceptions.
There will be no camping allowed inside circuit. The track has been hired by another group on Saturday, competitors will be allowed to bring in trailers and set up but must exit the circuit when the track day is finished (between 6.30pm and 7pm). Motorhomes will be allowed to park-up in the top carpark overnight and the circuit gate will be open at 7am.
There are no shower facilities on site so all camper van must be self-container.
Hampton Downs are management of booking the garages.
If you would like to book a garage email with the subject line of “February 28th Garage Booking”.
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please include the following information:
- Riders name and race number
- Credit cards details
- Contact number
Garages booked via HD will have a maximum of 3 rider per garage.
Garage which are booked no later than 48 hours before the event:
$160 per garage if booked by an individual who will manage who else occupies it with them. Specific garage number requests will only be accepted for a full garage pre-booking.
Individual bookings cost $55 per place (maximum of 3 per garage) and will be located at the discretion of Hampton Downs
Garage booked on the day booking
Individual bookings on the day cost $65 per place (maximum of 3 per garage). These must be made at the Hampton Downs office and will be on a first come first serve basis.
All riders in a garage must come to the Hampton Downs office and will be given a “Garage Paid” sticker which will need to be displayed on their bike. No sticker will mean they will be charged $70 for a place in the garage
A garage will only be open once the previous garage has been filled. All garages are to be left in a clean and tidy condition. All costs are including GST
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY - POSTPONED - Summer Classic at Hampton Downs (Sunday February 28 2021)
To NZCMRR Motorcycle Club, Hampton Downs Motorsport Park and Motorcycling New Zealand Inc.
- I have read the Supplementary Regulations for this Competition and agree to be bound by them and the Manual of Motorcycle Sport, the MNZ Constitution, and the MNZ Code of Conduct. Supplementary Regulations also available at www.nzcmrr.com
- I am aware that the sport of Motorcycle Competition might a) cause me injury; serious or otherwise b) damage my property.
- I wish to take part in the event despite the above risks.
- Neither I, or anyone associated or connected with me will make any claim against you or your officers, employees or agents in respect of: a) any injury suffered by me; or b) any damage to any of my property regardless of how the injury or damage occurs.
- I will indemnify you against all claims, damages or losses (including costs) which you incur as the direct or indirect result of any injury to me or damage to my property.
- I am physically fit and there is no health or other reason why I should not participate in the sport of Motorcycle Competition.
- I am aware that this disclaimer will not affect any legal obligations you have to me which you cannot contract out of under NZ Law.
- I agree that in this disclaimer “my property” includes any property owned by me or in my possession or under my control.
- I agree that this disclaimer will be binding on my family, my heirs, my legal assigns and my administrators and executors.
- I accept that stripping and re-assembly for Technical Checks are at my cost.
- I consent to the details contained in this form being held by the NZCMRR Motorcycle Club for the purpose of the promotion and the benefit of the race meeting concerned, and Motorcycling in general. I acknowledge my right to access and correction of this information. The consent is given in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
- MNZ supports the FIM/IOC Charter on drugs in Sport. MNZ uses the services of Drug Free Sport NZ and other agencies to professionally carry out the testing. I acknowledge by signing this form I maybe subjected to a drug/alcohol test at any time. I agree to such testing. I further agree that my name can be published by MNZ as having taken part in a drug/alcohol test together with the results of that testing.
- I confirm that my machine complies with any technical rule(s) set out in the Manual of Motorcycle Sport and/or the Supplementary Regulations and that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is in safe working order and fit for competition.
Classic Festival Merchandise
Hampton Downs Safety Levy
Postal or Email Entries
Complete the entry form and then either:Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send by post to: Race Secretary
PO Box 11 301