- Sign on will be open from 7.15am, upon arrival please bring your current MNZ competition licence, club membership card, helmet to sign on. After sign on take your motorcycle for machine examination / machine examination from 7.30am. Riders briefing will commence at 8.30am and competitors will be out on track at 9:00am. Back and Chest protectors are compulsory for all competitors. Riding gear will be checked on the dummy grid.
NZCMRR Rules can be viewed on the NZCMRR website http://www.nzcmrr.com/events/rules. Period '82, '89 and '95 race classes are as defined in the MNZ Rulebook Chapter 17 - Road Racing Post Classic.
Classes are as follows, but not necessarily in this order:
- 351-500cc - Pre '63 500 Clubmans, Pre '63 500 Factory Racing, Pre '63 500 Modified, Classic 70's 500
- Post Classic - P'82 Senior, P '89 F1, P '95 Superbike, P '95 F1
- Vintage & Pre War - Pre '31, Pre '46 350, Pre '46 500, 0-250cc - Pre '63 250 Clubmans, Pre '63 250 Factory, Pre '63 250 Modified, Classic 70's 250
- Post Classic - P'89 F2, P'95 F2
- Sidecars - Pre '63, Classic '70s, Pre '82
- Post Classic - P'82 Junior, P'89 F3, P'95 F3
- 501cc-Open - Pre '63 Open Modified, Classic 70's Open
- 251-350cc - Pre '63 350 Clubmans, Pre '63 350 Factory Racing, Pre '63 350 Modified, Classic 70's 350
Note: Some classes may be combined into a single event depending on entry numbers in each class. Regularity will not be held due to the limited time available for a single day event.
CAMPING: There will be no on-site camping for this event.
Your own transponder? If you have your own transponder and have not used it recently you may need to log-in to up-date the key before charging your transponder.
For Pit Garage Hire: Hiring as a half garage. One person to book and share costs with others. Link to be inserted as soon as possible.
Remember that vehicles must not be left in the designated area directly behind the pit garages during the event. No electrical leads are to extend beyond the pit garages.
Programme of events
Sunday 25th February 2024 - National Circuit
There is a track day at Hampton which was open to our members on Saturday the 24th. This is now full, but they are operating a wait list - you will have to phone. Walk-ins will not be accepted, only pre-booked customers. They are still advertising a track day on January 29th Hampton Track Day.
A chicane has been added into the track for all HD Moto Experience days. It is in place to help wash off speed prior to coming down the main straight. If you have not done any HD Trackdays you will be required to go in with the Red Group for at least one session. This is not a race test day but a standard Track day.
For Pit Garage Hire: Hiring as a half garage. One person to book and share costs with others $178.25 for a one door pit garage. Link is Hampton Pit Garage. Garage allocations will be emailed out at close of business Friday 23rd February
Sunday 25th February 2024 - National Circuit
- Gates open at 7am
- Sign on and machine examination from 7.15am.
- Riders briefing 8.30am
- 1 round of practice/qualifying 9am
- 3 rounds of racing for Championship points - all classes. Points will be multiplied to equate to our normal 4 rounds of points racing.
Please do not come to the event if you are unwell – let us know and refunds will be given.
Sign-on: Sign in, handing out transponders and programmes will be in the Media Room.
Bike Check: This will be undertaken around the pit garage behind the media room. Bike checkers may road the pits BUT the onus is on you to ensure your bike is done.
Riders Briefing: Written rider’s briefing notes will be given out along with the event programme at sign-on. Riders briefing will be undertaken beneath the control tower. Attendance is mandatory and names will be called, if you are not there you will not race.
The meeting is organised by the New Zealand Classic Motorcycle Racing Register Inc. under Motorcycling New Zealand Permit no #tbc
The meeting will be conducted under the Manual of Motorcycle Sport of MNZ, the Technical Rules pertaining to the Classic Register and these supplementary Regulations.
Entry fees are $250.00 for Seniors of MNZ Affiliated Clubs, discounted to $225 for current NZCMRR members, & under 18s free. Entries for inclusion in the programme close Thursday 16th February 2024 at 5:00pm. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Race Secretary but will incur a $50 late entry fee.
MNZ competition licence compulsory. No competition licence - no ride.
CHEST AND BACK PROTECTORS
Chest and back protectors as per MNZ MoMS 8.1b are compulsory. No protectors - no ride.
Membership of an MNZ affiliated club is compulsory. No proof - no ride. NZCMRR membership must be purchased at the event if no physical proof of membership to a MNZ affiliated club is presented.
International competitors wishing to compete in an NZCMRR event must notify the race secretary of their intent to race at least one month before the meeting date. International competitors must obtain a Start Permission from their motorcycle Federation and have this sent to MNZ prior to the event being held. If an overseas competitor does not have a licence with their motorcycle Federation please contact the race secretary. International competitors must have Insurance which meets the minimum FIM Standards.
In the event of duplicate race numbers then the NZCMRR competitor has the exclusive right of use of that number.
Sign-on and machine examination is from 7:15am until 8.30am cut-off. Riders briefing at 8:30 am and practice / qualifying starts at 9.00am.
ENTERING & EXITING, PIT LANE - HAMPTON DOWNS
Competitors shall only exit the pits to the circuit under the control of the Pit lane official and via the pit lane exit only. Competitors found to be riding the wrong way up or down Pit Lane may be fined or excluded from the meeting. Entry to the Pit Lane is on the RH side at the beginning of the main straight immediately after the exiting the sweeper. Competitors must move to the far right of the circuit and reduce speed and signal their intentions to leave the track without impeding other competitors in the process. Once committed to entering Pit lane and a competitor has crossed to the inside of the entry blend lines that competitor MUST enter Pit Lane. There is a monitored 40km speed limit while in pit lane.
BREAKDOWN & INCIDENTS ON CIRCUIT
Should you breakdown or be involved in an incident on the circuit DO NOT KEEP CIRCULATING AT REDUCED SPEED BACK TO THE PITS. Where possible exit the circuit at the first safe opportunity, park your machine safely and put yourself on the safe side (outside) of the barriers so that racing can continue. If either yourself or your machine are deemed to be in an unsafe position the race will be red flagged.
Circuit noise regulations as provided for under Rule 10-6d. All machines are to be effectively silenced so as not to exceed 95dB(A) "ride by" measured by the official meter mounted 30m from the track centre line. Machines registering consistently in excess of the limit will be brought to the attention of the officials for action to be taken as follows: Exceeding 95 but not exceeding 98dB(A): On the first offence during the meeting the rider will be warned that this has occurred and instructed to rectify the situation. For second and subsequent infringements the machine will be black flagged from the race or practice without further warning. Exceeding 98dB(A): The machine will be black flagged from the race or practice without warning. If circumstances don’t allow the machine to be black flagged, the competitor may be excluded from the results of that practice or race. During the course of the event the club will endeavour to post lists of machines and their noise readings to assist competitors efforts in complying with these limits.
Prior to the meeting, any entrant will be given a refund on his/her entry fee if for any reason attendance is not possible. Notification is required in writing/email to the Race Secretary prior to the event.
No dogs or pets are allowed at the meeting. No Exceptions.
There will be no camping allowed inside the circuit The circuit gate will be open at 7am.
Hampton Downs are managing booking of the garages. If you would like to book a half garage the cost is to be confirmed and the link is to follow.
Pre-booked garage: Garage which are booked no later than 48 hours before the event: $178.25 per half garage if booked by an individual who will manage who else occupies it with them. Specific garage number requests will only be accepted for a full garage pre-booking, which will be accommodated where able.
Garage booked on the day booking: It is preferred that you pre-book your garage. If garages are available on the day they will only be hired as half garages - you will have to organise your own sharing/splitting of costs.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY - Summer Classic at Hampton Downs - Event postponed due to weather (Sunday February 25 2024)
To NZCMRR Motorcycle Club, Hampton Downs Motorsport Park and Motorcycling New Zealand Inc.
- I have read the Supplementary Regulations for this Competition and agree to be bound by them and the Manual of Motorcycle Sport, the MNZ Constitution, and the MNZ Code of Conduct. Supplementary Regulations also available at www.nzcmrr.com
- I am aware that the sport of Motorcycle Competition might a) cause me injury; serious or otherwise b) damage my property.
- I wish to take part in the event despite the above risks.
- Neither I, or anyone associated or connected with me will make any claim against you or your officers, employees or agents in respect of: a) any injury suffered by me; or b) any damage to any of my property regardless of how the injury or damage occurs.
- I will indemnify you against all claims, damages or losses (including costs) which you incur as the direct or indirect result of any injury to me or damage to my property.
- I am physically fit and there is no health or other reason why I should not participate in the sport of Motorcycle Competition.
- I am aware that this disclaimer will not affect any legal obligations you have to me which you cannot contract out of under NZ Law.
- I agree that in this disclaimer “my property” includes any property owned by me or in my possession or under my control.
- I agree that this disclaimer will be binding on my family, my heirs, my legal assigns and my administrators and executors.
- I accept that stripping and re-assembly for Technical Checks are at my cost.
- I consent to the details contained in this form being held by the NZCMRR Motorcycle Club for the purpose of the promotion and the benefit of the race meeting concerned, and Motorcycling in general. I acknowledge my right to access and correction of this information. The consent is given in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
- MNZ supports the FIM/IOC Charter on drugs in Sport. MNZ uses the services of Drug Free Sport NZ and other agencies to professionally carry out the testing. I acknowledge by signing this form I maybe subjected to a drug/alcohol test at any time. I agree to such testing. I further agree that my name can be published by MNZ as having taken part in a drug/alcohol test together with the results of that testing.
- I confirm that my machine complies with any technical rule(s) set out in the Manual of Motorcycle Sport and/or the Supplementary Regulations and that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is in safe working order and fit for competition.
Hampton Downs Safety Levy
One Event MNZ Licence
Postal or Email Entries
Complete the entry form and then either:Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Cheryl on 078493568.