Summer Classic at Hampton Downs
Sunday February 26 2023
Sign on will be open from 7.15am, upon arrival please bring yourcurrent MNZ competition licence, club membership card, helmet to sign on. After sign on take your motorcycle for machine examination / machine examination from 7.30am. Riders briefing will commence at 8.30am and competitors will be out on track at 9:00am. Back and Chest protectors are compulsory for all competitors. Riding gear will be checked on the dummy grid.
NZCMRR Rules can be viewed on the NZCMRR website http://www.nzcmrr.com/events/rules. Pre '82, Pre '89 and Pre '95 race classes are as defined in the MNZ Rulebook Chapter 17 - Road Racing Post Classic.
Classes are as follows, but not necessarily in this order:
- 351-500cc - Pre '63 500 Clubmans, Pre '63 500 Factory Racing, Pre '63 500 Modified, Classic 70's 500
- Vintage & Pre War - Pre '31, Pre '46 350, Pre '46 500, 0-250cc - Pre '63 250 Clubmans, Pre '63 250 Factory, Pre '63 250 Modified, Classic 70's 250
- Post Classic - Pre '82 Senior, Pre '89 F1, Pre '95 Superbike, Pre '95 F1
- Sidecars - Pre '63, Classic '70s, Pre '82
- 251-350cc - Pre '63 350 Clubmans, Pre '63 350 Factory Racing, Pre '63 350 Modified, Classic 70's 350
- 501cc-Open - Pre '63 Open Modified, Classic 70's Open
- Post Classic - Pre '82 Junior, Pre '89 F2, Pre '89 F3, Pre '95 F2, Pre '95 F3
Note: Some classes may be combined into a single event depending on entry numbers in each class. Regularity will not be held due to the limited time available for a single day event.
CAMPING: There will be no on-site camping for this event.
Sunday 17th of APRIL 2022
- Gates open at 7am
- Sign on and machine examination from 7.15
- Riders briefing 8.30am
- 1 round of qualifying/practice 9am
- 3 rounds of racing for Championship points - all classes. Points will be multiplied to equate to our normal 4 rounds of points racing.
Your own transponder? If you have your own transponder and have not used it recently you may need to log-in to up-date the key before charging your transponder.
Remember that vehicles must not be left in the designated area directly behind the pit garages during the event. No electrical leads are to extend beyond the pit garages.
Covid Requirements -
Firstly please do not come to the event if you are unwell – let us know and refunds will be given. This event will be run under the existing (at-the-time) track, government and club Covid requirements. The website and emailed out Riders briefing notes (at the beginning of the week prior to the event) will be updated and clarify these requirements if needed.
Whatever official Covid restrictions are in place the following will apply for sign-on, bike examination and riders briefing.
Sign-on: Ideally sign-on, handing out of transponders and helmet check will be undertaken outside. Entrants are to be masked and approach one at a time, hand sanitiser will be available. If we have to do sign-on inside only one entrant is to be inside at a time.
Bike Check: Again ideally this will be undertaken outside. Entrants are to be masked and approach one at a time, leave their bike on it’s stand and move away (or outside) until the check is completed.
Riders Briefing: Written rider’s briefing notes will be emailed out during the week prior to the event and hard copies given out along with the event programme at sign-on. Riders briefing will be undertaken over the pa system, if your name is called you are to make yourself known at the sign-on desk.